UP IAS officer suspended on charges of rape bid reinstated
Lucknow: IAS officer Shashi Bhushan Sushil, reinstated last month after he was acquitted by a court of the charge of trying to rape a girl in a train, was appointed Special Secretary (Irrigation) by the Uttar Pradesh government on Sunday.
A 2001 batch UP cadre IAS officer, Sushil, suspended in October last year for allegedly trying to rape a girl in Lucknow Mail, was put on wait list after he was reinstated.
The IAS officer had been made Special Secretary in the Irrigation Department, an official release said here.
On April 12, the court of Additional District and Session Judge Lallu Singh here had acquitted the officer of the charges of of molesting and trying to rape a girl.
Sushil was Special Secretary (Technical Education) when he was placed under suspension.
The release said the state government had shuffled two more IAS officers.
Special Secretary, Public Enterprise, Murlidhar Dubey, and Special Secretary, Panchyati Raj, Dinesh Kumar Singh, had been shifted to Food and Civil Supplies and Sugar Industries departments respectively in same capacities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why