UP IAS officer suspended on charges of rape bid reinstated
Lucknow: IAS officer Shashi Bhushan Sushil, reinstated last month after he was acquitted by a court of the charge of trying to rape a girl in a train, was appointed Special Secretary (Irrigation) by the Uttar Pradesh government on Sunday.
A 2001 batch UP cadre IAS officer, Sushil, suspended in October last year for allegedly trying to rape a girl in Lucknow Mail, was put on wait list after he was reinstated.
The IAS officer had been made Special Secretary in the Irrigation Department, an official release said here.
On April 12, the court of Additional District and Session Judge Lallu Singh here had acquitted the officer of the charges of of molesting and trying to rape a girl.
Sushil was Special Secretary (Technical Education) when he was placed under suspension.
The release said the state government had shuffled two more IAS officers.
Special Secretary, Public Enterprise, Murlidhar Dubey, and Special Secretary, Panchyati Raj, Dinesh Kumar Singh, had been shifted to Food and Civil Supplies and Sugar Industries departments respectively in same capacities.
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Bharti Airtel Q4 net up 2.8% to Rs 1,290 crore; revenue up 8.4% to Rs 24,960 crore
- Trupti Desai writes letter to Mohan Bhagwat, demands equal representation of women in RSS
- Panama Papers' database to go public on May 9
- Buddhadeb, Rahul share stage, call for saving West Bengal from TMC
- Must Read! Narayana Murthy's heartfelt letter to his daughter will make you miss your dad