UP IAS officer suspended on charges of rape bid reinstated
Lucknow: IAS officer Shashi Bhushan Sushil, reinstated last month after he was acquitted by a court of the charge of trying to rape a girl in a train, was appointed Special Secretary (Irrigation) by the Uttar Pradesh government on Sunday.
A 2001 batch UP cadre IAS officer, Sushil, suspended in October last year for allegedly trying to rape a girl in Lucknow Mail, was put on wait list after he was reinstated.
The IAS officer had been made Special Secretary in the Irrigation Department, an official release said here.
On April 12, the court of Additional District and Session Judge Lallu Singh here had acquitted the officer of the charges of of molesting and trying to rape a girl.
Sushil was Special Secretary (Technical Education) when he was placed under suspension.
The release said the state government had shuffled two more IAS officers.
Special Secretary, Public Enterprise, Murlidhar Dubey, and Special Secretary, Panchyati Raj, Dinesh Kumar Singh, had been shifted to Food and Civil Supplies and Sugar Industries departments respectively in same capacities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez