UP: Independent candidate shot at, injured
Deoria: Independent candidate from Rampur Karkhana Assembly seat, Girijesh Shahi alias Guddu Shahi was allegedly shot at near the Langra crossing here,
police said on Thursday.
Shahi was shot at around 11 pm and was rushed to the district hospital from where he was referred to Gorakhpur Medical College Hospital where his condition is now stated to be stable, they said.
He was fired upon by unidentified men when he went to get his jeep repaired, police said, adding investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest