UP: Jailer transferred over clash between inmates
Muzaffarnagar: Jailer of Muzaffarnagar
district prison in Uttar Pradesh has been transferred to Lucknow on charges of negligence of duty in an incident of clash between two groups of inmates.
District Jailer R C Upadhya was transfered to Lucknow
yesterday following an enquiry report into the incident of
clash on March 8, officials said.
Several under-trial prisoners were injured when two groups
of inmates clashed with each other in the district jail here.
Eight under-trials were also shifted to other jails in
Meerut and Saharanpur, the officials said.
A case was registered by police against some prisoners
found involved in the clash, they added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living