UP: Jailer transferred over clash between inmates
Muzaffarnagar: Jailer of Muzaffarnagar
district prison in Uttar Pradesh has been transferred to Lucknow on charges of negligence of duty in an incident of clash between two groups of inmates.
District Jailer R C Upadhya was transfered to Lucknow
yesterday following an enquiry report into the incident of
clash on March 8, officials said.
Several under-trial prisoners were injured when two groups
of inmates clashed with each other in the district jail here.
Eight under-trials were also shifted to other jails in
Meerut and Saharanpur, the officials said.
A case was registered by police against some prisoners
found involved in the clash, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley