UP Jal Nigam engineer kidnapped for ransom, rescued
Lucknow: An executive engineer of Uttar Pradesh Jal Nigam, who was abducted by four persons, including two constables of Delhi police, was on Wednesday rescued in Rampur district, a senior police official said here.
"Last night SP Rampur got information that executive engineer Sushil Bansal was abducted by some persons from Bijnore and there location was on Moradabad-Rampur-Bareilly highway," IG (law and order) B P Singh told reporters here.
He said that a massive checking drive was launched during which a car was intercepted in Milak town from which Bansal was recovered and four abductors were arrested.
The arrested accused were identified as constables Mukesh Yadav and Ajit Singh, who are currently posted in special unit of crime branch of Delhi police, Harendra Yadav and Baldev Singh.
A pistol, 16 live cartridges, identity card of Delhi police, fake photo identity card of CBI, six ATM cards and similar number of mobile phones were recovered from their possession, Singh said.
The IG said that the accused abducted Bansal on the pretext of being CBI officials and demanded Rs 20 lakh as ransom.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption