UP judge gets threat letter
Allahabad: A judge in a local court here has received a letter from a person claiming to be a top operative of terrorist organisation Lashkar-e-Toiba who has threatened to kill him if he did not dismiss a case filed against Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah.
"We have received a complaint from Judicial Magistrate Gyanendra Tripathi about a letter in which the sender has called himself the LeT`s Pak-occupied Kashmir unit`s chief and asked the judge to quash the case against the J&K Chief Minister. He even threatened to attack him with bombs if he failed to do so", Senior Superintendent of Police, Allahabad, Manzil Saini said.
"We have directed our Local Intelligence Unit (LIU) to look into the matter though prima facie it appears to be a hoax. The letter was sent through speed post and all the information given in the column meant for the sender has turned out to be fake," she said.
Following Abdullah`s criticism of central ministers statement on Article 370 of the Constitution, a local advocate had filed a complaint in May this year before Tripathi`s court with the request that the J&K CM be tried for sedition for his statement that "either Article 370 will exist or Jammu and Kashmir will not be a part of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble