UP judge gets threat letter
Allahabad: A judge in a local court here has received a letter from a person claiming to be a top operative of terrorist organisation Lashkar-e-Toiba who has threatened to kill him if he did not dismiss a case filed against Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah.
"We have received a complaint from Judicial Magistrate Gyanendra Tripathi about a letter in which the sender has called himself the LeT`s Pak-occupied Kashmir unit`s chief and asked the judge to quash the case against the J&K Chief Minister. He even threatened to attack him with bombs if he failed to do so", Senior Superintendent of Police, Allahabad, Manzil Saini said.
"We have directed our Local Intelligence Unit (LIU) to look into the matter though prima facie it appears to be a hoax. The letter was sent through speed post and all the information given in the column meant for the sender has turned out to be fake," she said.
Following Abdullah`s criticism of central ministers statement on Article 370 of the Constitution, a local advocate had filed a complaint in May this year before Tripathi`s court with the request that the J&K CM be tried for sedition for his statement that "either Article 370 will exist or Jammu and Kashmir will not be a part of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark