UP Kailash Mansarovar pilgrims to get cash subsidy
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh will give Rs.25,000 in cash subsidy to pilgrims from the state to undertake the arduous Kailash Mansarovar pilgrimage to Tibet, an official said Tuesday.
Naveneet Sehgal, secretary of Dharmarth Karya, the government department that oversees religious works, sites and events, said that the budgetary allocation has been done by the government.
"Fifty pilgrims from the state, on their return... after undertaking the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra, will be handed a sum of Rs.25,000," he said.
The beneficiaries will have to present an attested photocopy of their passport and residence proof to avail this grant. This grant will be available once in a lifetime.
Kailash Manasarovar Yatra is organised by the External Affairs Ministry. It will take place this year from June 9 to Sep 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead