UP Kailash Mansarovar pilgrims to get cash subsidy
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh will give Rs.25,000 in cash subsidy to pilgrims from the state to undertake the arduous Kailash Mansarovar pilgrimage to Tibet, an official said Tuesday.
Naveneet Sehgal, secretary of Dharmarth Karya, the government department that oversees religious works, sites and events, said that the budgetary allocation has been done by the government.
"Fifty pilgrims from the state, on their return... after undertaking the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra, will be handed a sum of Rs.25,000," he said.
The beneficiaries will have to present an attested photocopy of their passport and residence proof to avail this grant. This grant will be available once in a lifetime.
Kailash Manasarovar Yatra is organised by the External Affairs Ministry. It will take place this year from June 9 to Sep 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- DNA: Minor burnt three puppies to death in Hyderabad
- DNA: Today in History, July 21, 2016
- Dalit youth beaten, urinated upon in Bihar, says FIR
- Lok Sabha Speaker calls Bhagwant Mann video of Parliament security 'serious', hints action is coming
- Himachal sees 26 percent deficit rainfall
- Actors singing is a very good trend: Ayushmann Khurrana
- UK adds Pak-based Chinese Islamic group to terror list