UP Kailash Mansarovar pilgrims to get cash subsidy
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh will give Rs.25,000 in cash subsidy to pilgrims from the state to undertake the arduous Kailash Mansarovar pilgrimage to Tibet, an official said Tuesday.
Naveneet Sehgal, secretary of Dharmarth Karya, the government department that oversees religious works, sites and events, said that the budgetary allocation has been done by the government.
"Fifty pilgrims from the state, on their return... after undertaking the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra, will be handed a sum of Rs.25,000," he said.
The beneficiaries will have to present an attested photocopy of their passport and residence proof to avail this grant. This grant will be available once in a lifetime.
Kailash Manasarovar Yatra is organised by the External Affairs Ministry. It will take place this year from June 9 to Sep 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani