UP Kailash Mansarovar pilgrims to get cash subsidy
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh will give Rs.25,000 in cash subsidy to pilgrims from the state to undertake the arduous Kailash Mansarovar pilgrimage to Tibet, an official said Tuesday.
Naveneet Sehgal, secretary of Dharmarth Karya, the government department that oversees religious works, sites and events, said that the budgetary allocation has been done by the government.
"Fifty pilgrims from the state, on their return... after undertaking the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra, will be handed a sum of Rs.25,000," he said.
The beneficiaries will have to present an attested photocopy of their passport and residence proof to avail this grant. This grant will be available once in a lifetime.
Kailash Manasarovar Yatra is organised by the External Affairs Ministry. It will take place this year from June 9 to Sep 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital