UP Kailash Mansarovar pilgrims to get cash subsidy
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh will give Rs.25,000 in cash subsidy to pilgrims from the state to undertake the arduous Kailash Mansarovar pilgrimage to Tibet, an official said Tuesday.
Naveneet Sehgal, secretary of Dharmarth Karya, the government department that oversees religious works, sites and events, said that the budgetary allocation has been done by the government.
"Fifty pilgrims from the state, on their return... after undertaking the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra, will be handed a sum of Rs.25,000," he said.
The beneficiaries will have to present an attested photocopy of their passport and residence proof to avail this grant. This grant will be available once in a lifetime.
Kailash Manasarovar Yatra is organised by the External Affairs Ministry. It will take place this year from June 9 to Sep 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO