UP: Kanpur gangrape victim dies in hospital
Kanpur: A 17-year-old class XI student,
who had consumed poison after being gang raped by her friend
and two others, has died in a hospital here.
On March 24, the victim was offered a cold drink laced
with sedatives by her friend Rajeev, who then took her to a
hotel and raped her with two other friends.
Unable to bear the trauma of being gang raped, she
attempted suicide later that night by consuming poison, but
was rushed to a hospital, where she succumbed yesterday.
The three accused have already been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015