UP khaps to campaign against female foeticide
Muzaffarnagar: Setting an example, a community panchayat at Sojhni village in the district has decided to start a campaign against female foeticide.
The panchayat, which was held yesterday, declared that the couple, found involved in such heinous act, would face social boycott.
Besides, it also demanded strict action against the doctors, who are found guilty of aborting female foetuses.
Several prominent khap leaders including head of the Baliyan khap and Bhartiya Kisan Union leader Naresh Tikait, All Khap Council Secretary Subhash Baliyan and women activist Anita Rana were present in the panchayat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon