UP khaps to campaign against female foeticide
Muzaffarnagar: Setting an example, a community panchayat at Sojhni village in the district has decided to start a campaign against female foeticide.
The panchayat, which was held yesterday, declared that the couple, found involved in such heinous act, would face social boycott.
Besides, it also demanded strict action against the doctors, who are found guilty of aborting female foetuses.
Several prominent khap leaders including head of the Baliyan khap and Bhartiya Kisan Union leader Naresh Tikait, All Khap Council Secretary Subhash Baliyan and women activist Anita Rana were present in the panchayat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon