UP lawyers` strike enters 11th day
Muzaffarnagar: Judicial work in western Uttar Pradesh districts remained affected as the strike by lawyers demanding a separate Bench of the Allahabad High Court in the region entered the 11th day today.
The lawyers are on strike and have been staging dharnas outside districts courts here since August 13.
Threatening to intensify the agitation if their demand is not met, the lawyers said that they would protest at Jantar Mantar in New Delhi on August 26.
There has been a long-standing demand for a separate bench of the High Court in western UP in view of the inconvenience faced by litigants from the region.
At present, Allahabad High Court has only one additional bench in Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video