UP lawyers to boycott work till September 25
Lakhimpur: Uttar Pradesh lawyers demanding arrest of the accused in Lakhimpur firing incident, in which two of their colleagues were killed, on Friday said they would boycott work till September 25.
Members of various bar associations decided to hold demonstration before Vidhan Bhawan on September 26 if their demands including arrest of all accused, besides imposing Gangster Act on them, cancellation of their arms licenses, CBI probe or inquiry by a sitting high court judge are not met.
"The lawyers here will continue work boycott till their demands are fulfilled," District Bar Association president Rama Kant Mishra and UP Bar Council member Ajay Shukla said.
A dispute over issuing income certificate between lawyers and lekhpals in Mohammadi tehsil in the district took an ugly turn on September 03 when a group of Lekhpals allegedly opened fire at lawyers killing two of them.
An FIR has been registered against 33 lekhpals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya