UP lawyers to boycott work till September 25
Lakhimpur: Uttar Pradesh lawyers demanding arrest of the accused in Lakhimpur firing incident, in which two of their colleagues were killed, on Friday said they would boycott work till September 25.
Members of various bar associations decided to hold demonstration before Vidhan Bhawan on September 26 if their demands including arrest of all accused, besides imposing Gangster Act on them, cancellation of their arms licenses, CBI probe or inquiry by a sitting high court judge are not met.
"The lawyers here will continue work boycott till their demands are fulfilled," District Bar Association president Rama Kant Mishra and UP Bar Council member Ajay Shukla said.
A dispute over issuing income certificate between lawyers and lekhpals in Mohammadi tehsil in the district took an ugly turn on September 03 when a group of Lekhpals allegedly opened fire at lawyers killing two of them.
An FIR has been registered against 33 lekhpals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon