UP legislative council adjourned over Minister`s comment
Lucknow: Comparison between SP`s election manifesto and religious books by a Minister resulted in an uproar in the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council today, forcing adjournment of the House.
Replying to a question during Question Hour, Social Welfare Minister Awadhesh Prasad compared the election manifesto of SP with religious books, to which Congress and BSP raised objections.
Raising strong objections to the Minister`s comments, the Opposition members demanded that it should be removed from the proceeding of the House.
While Congress members staged a walkout, BSP members stormed into the Well, forcing adjournment of the House for 15 minutes.
When the House resumed with its business, the Speaker said that the objectionable parts will be expunged from the proceedings.
Later while talking to reporters, the Leader of Opposition Naseemuddin Siddiqui termed the SP`s manifesto, as a bunch of lies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre