UP legislative council adjourned over Minister`s comment
Lucknow: Comparison between SP`s election manifesto and religious books by a Minister resulted in an uproar in the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council today, forcing adjournment of the House.
Replying to a question during Question Hour, Social Welfare Minister Awadhesh Prasad compared the election manifesto of SP with religious books, to which Congress and BSP raised objections.
Raising strong objections to the Minister`s comments, the Opposition members demanded that it should be removed from the proceeding of the House.
While Congress members staged a walkout, BSP members stormed into the Well, forcing adjournment of the House for 15 minutes.
When the House resumed with its business, the Speaker said that the objectionable parts will be expunged from the proceedings.
Later while talking to reporters, the Leader of Opposition Naseemuddin Siddiqui termed the SP`s manifesto, as a bunch of lies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report