UP legislative council adjourned over Minister`s comment
Lucknow: Comparison between SP`s election manifesto and religious books by a Minister resulted in an uproar in the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council today, forcing adjournment of the House.
Replying to a question during Question Hour, Social Welfare Minister Awadhesh Prasad compared the election manifesto of SP with religious books, to which Congress and BSP raised objections.
Raising strong objections to the Minister`s comments, the Opposition members demanded that it should be removed from the proceeding of the House.
While Congress members staged a walkout, BSP members stormed into the Well, forcing adjournment of the House for 15 minutes.
When the House resumed with its business, the Speaker said that the objectionable parts will be expunged from the proceedings.
Later while talking to reporters, the Leader of Opposition Naseemuddin Siddiqui termed the SP`s manifesto, as a bunch of lies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena