UP legislative council adjourned over Minister`s comment
Lucknow: Comparison between SP`s election manifesto and religious books by a Minister resulted in an uproar in the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council today, forcing adjournment of the House.
Replying to a question during Question Hour, Social Welfare Minister Awadhesh Prasad compared the election manifesto of SP with religious books, to which Congress and BSP raised objections.
Raising strong objections to the Minister`s comments, the Opposition members demanded that it should be removed from the proceeding of the House.
While Congress members staged a walkout, BSP members stormed into the Well, forcing adjournment of the House for 15 minutes.
When the House resumed with its business, the Speaker said that the objectionable parts will be expunged from the proceedings.
Later while talking to reporters, the Leader of Opposition Naseemuddin Siddiqui termed the SP`s manifesto, as a bunch of lies.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview