UP Legislative Council members take oath
Lucknow: Newly-elected members of Uttar
Pradesh Legislative Council were on Tuesday administered oath
by the acting chairman of the House in the state.
Kamala Kant Gautam administered oath to the members
representing local bodies at a function in the Vidhan Bhawan.
Senior members of the state Cabinet including the
leader of the House Swami Prasad Maurya and Parliamentary
Affairs Minister Lalji Verma were present on the occasion,
Vidhan Parishad officials said here.
Ruling BSP had bagged 34 of 36 seats in the January 7
Vidhan Parishad elections. Congress and SP got one each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination