UP Legislative Council members take oath
Lucknow: Newly-elected members of Uttar
Pradesh Legislative Council were on Tuesday administered oath
by the acting chairman of the House in the state.
Kamala Kant Gautam administered oath to the members
representing local bodies at a function in the Vidhan Bhawan.
Senior members of the state Cabinet including the
leader of the House Swami Prasad Maurya and Parliamentary
Affairs Minister Lalji Verma were present on the occasion,
Vidhan Parishad officials said here.
Ruling BSP had bagged 34 of 36 seats in the January 7
Vidhan Parishad elections. Congress and SP got one each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail