UP Legislative Council members take oath
Lucknow: Newly-elected members of Uttar
Pradesh Legislative Council were on Tuesday administered oath
by the acting chairman of the House in the state.
Kamala Kant Gautam administered oath to the members
representing local bodies at a function in the Vidhan Bhawan.
Senior members of the state Cabinet including the
leader of the House Swami Prasad Maurya and Parliamentary
Affairs Minister Lalji Verma were present on the occasion,
Vidhan Parishad officials said here.
Ruling BSP had bagged 34 of 36 seats in the January 7
Vidhan Parishad elections. Congress and SP got one each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video