UP Legislative Council members take oath
Lucknow: Newly-elected members of Uttar
Pradesh Legislative Council were on Tuesday administered oath
by the acting chairman of the House in the state.
Kamala Kant Gautam administered oath to the members
representing local bodies at a function in the Vidhan Bhawan.
Senior members of the state Cabinet including the
leader of the House Swami Prasad Maurya and Parliamentary
Affairs Minister Lalji Verma were present on the occasion,
Vidhan Parishad officials said here.
Ruling BSP had bagged 34 of 36 seats in the January 7
Vidhan Parishad elections. Congress and SP got one each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried