UP Legislative Council members take oath
Lucknow: Newly-elected members of Uttar
Pradesh Legislative Council were on Tuesday administered oath
by the acting chairman of the House in the state.
Kamala Kant Gautam administered oath to the members
representing local bodies at a function in the Vidhan Bhawan.
Senior members of the state Cabinet including the
leader of the House Swami Prasad Maurya and Parliamentary
Affairs Minister Lalji Verma were present on the occasion,
Vidhan Parishad officials said here.
Ruling BSP had bagged 34 of 36 seats in the January 7
Vidhan Parishad elections. Congress and SP got one each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP