UP: Lightning claims three lives
Azamgarh: Three persons were killed Monday and four others were injured after being struck by lightning in different parts of the district, police said here.
Santosh (26) and Rahul (18) were killed and four others were injured after they were hit by lightning in Birji village in Mehnagar area this afternoon, they said.
The injured were admitted to a nearby hospital where their condition was stated to be stable.
In another incident, Shashiprakash (22) was killed after being struck by lightning near Adilpur village in Jahanaganj area, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video