UP: Lightning claims three lives
Azamgarh: Three persons were killed Monday and four others were injured after being struck by lightning in different parts of the district, police said here.
Santosh (26) and Rahul (18) were killed and four others were injured after they were hit by lightning in Birji village in Mehnagar area this afternoon, they said.
The injured were admitted to a nearby hospital where their condition was stated to be stable.
In another incident, Shashiprakash (22) was killed after being struck by lightning near Adilpur village in Jahanaganj area, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez