UP Lokayukta gets HC notice
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court on Wednesday
issued notice to Uttar Pradesh Lokayukta directing him to file
his reply on a writ petition challenging recommendation of a
CBI probe against former minister Babu Singh Kushwaha in graft
The order was passed by the Lucknow bench comprising
Justices Devi Prasad Singh and S C Chaurasia on a writ
petition filed by the former minister seeking direction for
quashing the recommendation of Lokayukta.
Kushwaha also sought direction not to implement the
recommendations of the Lokayukta.
The former minister pleaded that the recommendation
was against the principles of natural justice.
He also submitted that recommending loodging of an FIR
and inquiry by a special agency does not seem to fall within
the purview of Lokayukta.
The court directed principal secretary of home Department
to file his personal affidavit and counter affidavit on behalf
of the state within three days.
The court said the Lokayukta may also file a counter
affidavit within three days.
On January 30, Lokayukta Justice N K Mehrotra had
recommended a CBI probe against former the former state Family
Welfare and Mining Minister, who was expelled from BSP.
"There were three complaints against Kushwaha after
inquiry into which a probe by either CBI or Director Vigilance
after registering an FIR under Prevention of Corruption and
Money Laundering Acts has been recommended," Lokayukya Justice
Mehrotra had said.
Kushwaha is accused of allotting mining lease to his own
men and inviting dummy applications through advertisements in
less known newspapers like Agnipath, Karmyug, Radical Times
confined to Banda and Mahoba.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!