UP Lokayukta probes irregularities in Rajkiya Nirman Nigam
Lucknow: While Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav inaugurated Uttar Pradesh Bhawan at Navi Mumbai, an inquiry is being conducted by the state Lokayukta into alleged irregularity in awarding the contract for its construction to a private agency.
Lokayukta N K Mehrotra is conducting an inquiry into a complaint of alleged irregularities by Rajkiya Nirman Nigam (RNN), the executing agency, of sub-contracting some works, including construction of UP Bhawan at Mumbai.
A complaint was lodged by one Arunendra Mohan Shukla alleging that some 18-19 works, including construction of UP Bhawan, were entrusted to RNN, sources said.
The complainant alleged that as per rules, RNN was not allowed to sub-contract works given to it.
It has been alleged that in violation of the rules, RNN had not only sub-contracted these works to private agencies after deducting its 12.5 per cent charges, but also did not bothered to float tenders.
When contacted Lokayukta Mehrotra said that an inquiry was being conducted into the matter for the past 10-12 months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price