UP Lokayukta probes irregularities in Rajkiya Nirman Nigam
Lucknow: While Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav inaugurated Uttar Pradesh Bhawan at Navi Mumbai, an inquiry is being conducted by the state Lokayukta into alleged irregularity in awarding the contract for its construction to a private agency.
Lokayukta N K Mehrotra is conducting an inquiry into a complaint of alleged irregularities by Rajkiya Nirman Nigam (RNN), the executing agency, of sub-contracting some works, including construction of UP Bhawan at Mumbai.
A complaint was lodged by one Arunendra Mohan Shukla alleging that some 18-19 works, including construction of UP Bhawan, were entrusted to RNN, sources said.
The complainant alleged that as per rules, RNN was not allowed to sub-contract works given to it.
It has been alleged that in violation of the rules, RNN had not only sub-contracted these works to private agencies after deducting its 12.5 per cent charges, but also did not bothered to float tenders.
When contacted Lokayukta Mehrotra said that an inquiry was being conducted into the matter for the past 10-12 months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions