UP Lokayukta probes irregularities in Rajkiya Nirman Nigam
Lucknow: While Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav inaugurated Uttar Pradesh Bhawan at Navi Mumbai, an inquiry is being conducted by the state Lokayukta into alleged irregularity in awarding the contract for its construction to a private agency.
Lokayukta N K Mehrotra is conducting an inquiry into a complaint of alleged irregularities by Rajkiya Nirman Nigam (RNN), the executing agency, of sub-contracting some works, including construction of UP Bhawan at Mumbai.
A complaint was lodged by one Arunendra Mohan Shukla alleging that some 18-19 works, including construction of UP Bhawan, were entrusted to RNN, sources said.
The complainant alleged that as per rules, RNN was not allowed to sub-contract works given to it.
It has been alleged that in violation of the rules, RNN had not only sub-contracted these works to private agencies after deducting its 12.5 per cent charges, but also did not bothered to float tenders.
When contacted Lokayukta Mehrotra said that an inquiry was being conducted into the matter for the past 10-12 months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves