UP Lokayukta probes irregularities in Rajkiya Nirman Nigam
Lucknow: While Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav inaugurated Uttar Pradesh Bhawan at Navi Mumbai, an inquiry is being conducted by the state Lokayukta into alleged irregularity in awarding the contract for its construction to a private agency.
Lokayukta N K Mehrotra is conducting an inquiry into a complaint of alleged irregularities by Rajkiya Nirman Nigam (RNN), the executing agency, of sub-contracting some works, including construction of UP Bhawan at Mumbai.
A complaint was lodged by one Arunendra Mohan Shukla alleging that some 18-19 works, including construction of UP Bhawan, were entrusted to RNN, sources said.
The complainant alleged that as per rules, RNN was not allowed to sub-contract works given to it.
It has been alleged that in violation of the rules, RNN had not only sub-contracted these works to private agencies after deducting its 12.5 per cent charges, but also did not bothered to float tenders.
When contacted Lokayukta Mehrotra said that an inquiry was being conducted into the matter for the past 10-12 months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’