UP Lokayukta`s term extended by two years
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Lokayukta N K Mehrotra has been given an extension for two years through an ordinance of the state government.
Governor B L Joshi has given assent to an ordinance sent by the state government for extending the term of the Lokayukta from six to eight years, official sources said here.
The term of the Lokayukta, on whose recommendation six ministers were removed during the BSP regime would have expired on March 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore