UP Lokayukta`s term extended by two years
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Lokayukta N K Mehrotra has been given an extension for two years through an ordinance of the state government.
Governor B L Joshi has given assent to an ordinance sent by the state government for extending the term of the Lokayukta from six to eight years, official sources said here.
The term of the Lokayukta, on whose recommendation six ministers were removed during the BSP regime would have expired on March 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump