UP: Maid accuses techie of torture, 2 domestic helps rescued
Noida: A software engineer has been arrested on charges of torturing her maid while police have rescued two other domestic helps who were allegedly held captive, made to work without wages and beaten up by a PG accommodation owner here.
14-year-old Munni, who was hired as domestic help through a placement agency by Meenakshi Singh, alleged that she was beaten up by her employer over minor mistakes.
Singh, a software engineer with a private company and resident of Sector 62 Swagat Apartment, and her husband would also lock her in a room and leave her starving as punishment, she alleged.
On Saturday, Munni escaped from the house and was taken to a police station by some persons where she narrated her woes.
"A case was lodged against the couple and the woman was arrested last evening and granted bail after a few hours," said Yogesh Singh, Superintendent of Police (City).
Also, Greater Noida police raided a paying guest accommodation today and rescued two domestic helps held captive their.
Babu Yadav, about 18 years of age, was being made to work as cook without any salary by his employer for the last six months, police said.
When Yadav tried to leave, he was help captive by his employer. He informed his brother Billoo who tried to rescue his brother was was also forcibly held in the house by the PG owner.
Their relative then lodged an FIR at Kasna against the employer.
"We have rescued the two servants from a locked room at PG house. They have been sent for medical examination as they have injuries on their bodies," police said, adding a case has been registered against the PG owner who was absconding.
There have been a string of cases of domestic helps being abused including the shocking instance of a doctor couple locking up a young maid without food in their house while they went abroad for a vacation.
Last month, a 25-year-old man was arrested for allegedly repeatedly raping the family`s teenaged maid over a period of two years and beating her in Jamia Nagar area in the capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- First Minister Nicola Sturgeon plans EU future for Scotland after Brexit
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal