UP: Man arrested for abducting, killing 4
Moradabad: A man has been arrested for allegedly abducting and killing four persons whose bodies were on Wednesday found buried in Talwarpur village after the confession of the accused, police said.
Aneesh, a history sheeter, was nabbed yesterday from Bijnor district for kidnapping three brothers, Vijay (55), Suraj (33), Jasbir (30), and their neighbour Manoj (32) from their fields on April 30 and killing them, police said.
The bodies of the victims have been sent for postmortem, they said, adding, heavy police force has been deployed in Gamaanpura village to avoid any untoward incident.
The accused told police that on April 17, he had gone to Gamannpura village forcibly carrying a widow. The victims had opposed him and brutally beaten him, police said.
Aneesh, resident of Talwarpur village, had threatened them and on April 30, the four victims were kidnapped from their fields, police said.
There were no eyewitnesses of the kidnapping but the FIR was lodged by the victims` parents against the accused on basis of the threat he had made, they said.
On May 3, several BSP members along with villagers had staged protest demanding that the culprit be nabbed and the victims, all belonging to Scheduled Castes, be traced.
Alleging that police did not take any action even after several requests, BSP MP Veer Singh today said his party will raise this issue in Parliament and party supremo Mayawati may visit the village to know the situation.
"Akhilesh Yadav government is a total failure in protecting the downtrodden and even after many requests and agitation, police did not take any action in this case," he said.
BSP MP Shafiqur Rahman said, "I have demanded that government should give compensation of Rs 20 lakh to each of the families of the deceased."
On May 6, a team of SC/ST Commission had visited the village and consulted the district authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state