UP: Man kills wife for not bearing male child
Bareilly: Upset with his wife for not bearing a male child, a man killed her in Bareilly, police said on Wednesday. The incident took place on Tuesday at Paratpur Nai Basti locality in Izzatnagar area.
The woman identified as Salma was beaten and later strangulated by her husband Arif, police said.
Arif, who has five daughters, was upset with Salma for not bearing a male child, they said, adding that a case has been registered against the man.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred