UP: Man kills wife for not bearing male child
Bareilly: Upset with his wife for not bearing a male child, a man killed her in Bareilly, police said on Wednesday. The incident took place on Tuesday at Paratpur Nai Basti locality in Izzatnagar area.
The woman identified as Salma was beaten and later strangulated by her husband Arif, police said.
Arif, who has five daughters, was upset with Salma for not bearing a male child, they said, adding that a case has been registered against the man.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police