UP man resembling blast suspect`s sketch quizzed
Lucknow: Police Thursday quizzed a man in
Balrampur district as his face resembled the sketch of one of the suspects in the Delhi High Court blast but he was let off after checking his antecedents.
"Shahzad alias Imran was called at Bela police station
after some people reported that his face resembled one of the
sketches of suspects issued by the Delhi Police, but he was released later," Special Director General of Police Brij Lal told reporters here.
He said that Shahzad worked as a daily labour in Pune
and returned to Gonda this morning.
"His credentials were checked with the local residents
and with the manager of the company in Pune where he worked
after which he was released," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal