UP: Man sentenced to 10 yrs RI for murder
Ballia: A local court has sentenced a man to 10 years rigorous imprisonment for killing an elderly woman in 2010.
Sessions Judge R K Gupta also imposed a fine of Rs 20,000 on the convict Santosh Chauhan yesterday.
65-year-old Udhami Devi was murdered on April 27, 2010 in Nagra area here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her