UP masses disappointed with dynasty politics: Amar Singh
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh
on Tuesday took potshots at his party and Mayawati-led BSP
government in Uttar Pradesh, saying people in the state are
"disappointed" with the state government and with parties
indulging in dynasty politics.
Without either naming SP leadership or BSP, Singh wrote
in his blog that in his meetings with extremely backward caste
communities in Varanasi and Gorakhpur, ordinary people turned
up in large numbers "not due to any achievement of mine, but
because they are disappointed with the state government and
parties which indulge in dynasty politics and dictatorial
Singh said he enjoyed the interaction with the ordinary
people in both the cities (which he visited on January 24 and
25) more so because he was without the company of his usual SP
supporters, who earlier always moved along with him.
He further said certain SP MLAs have been blaming him for
bringing former BJP leader Kalyan Singh close to party chief
Mulayam Singh Yadav.
"Though I have said that I had no role in that
development, nowadays since even the judge and the witnesses
have turned against me, then instead of conspiring, kindly
paste this allegation also on me... Even as heavy fog prevails
outside, the mist within me has cleared, as my resignation has
been accepted (by SP leadership)," Singh wrote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video