UP: Mayawati to be elected unopposed to RS
Lucknow: Only 10 nominations have been filed
for as many Rajya Sabha seats from Uttar Pradesh, paving the
way for unopposed election of all candidates, including BSP
supremo Mayawati and Samajwadi Party`s Jaya Bachchan.
With the filing of nominations closing today in the
biennial polls in 15 states, only 10 candidates have filed
their nominations in UP, state principal secretary Vidhan
Sabha Pradeep Dubey said.
With a strength of 224 MLAs in the house of 403, ruling
Samajwadi Party has fielded maximum six candidates --
actor-turned-politician Jaya Bachchan, Kiranmay Nanda, Darshan
Singh Yadav, Naresh Agarwal, Brij Chushan Tiwari and Munawwar
From BSP, only two candidates -- party supremo Mayawti and
Munkaad Ali -- have filed nominations and the party has a
strength of 80 MLAs.
From BJP, which won 47 seats in the assembly elections,
Vinay Katiyar has filed nomination, whereas Rashid Masood has
filed papers as joint candidate of Congress and RLD having a
combined strength of 37 MLAs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan