UP: Mehndi competition in jail, Nupur Talwar appointed judge
Ghaziabad: Dentist Nupur Talwar, prime accused in the twin murder of her teenaged daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj, was appointed judge in a Mehndi competition in Dasna jail here.
Nupur, facing trial in the 2008 double murder case, is lodged in Dasna prison. She was appointed judge in the Mehndi competition held on the occasion of Teej Mahotsav in the prison, Dasna Jail Superintendent Viresh Raj told PTI.
Nupur also distributed prizes to the winners, he said. The women prisoners held the Mehndi competition on the occasion of Teej, Raj said.
Nupur and her husband Rajesh are accused in the double murder case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Watch: How a bionic suit helped a paralyzed father make his daughter's wedding day memorable!
- Maoists kill LJP leader, brother in Bihar
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Sania Mirza, Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna enter French Open second round
- Panama probe independent of Bachchan's presence at Modi bash: Union Law Minister
- PM Modi congratulates new Kerala CM