UP: Mehndi competition in jail, Nupur Talwar appointed judge
Ghaziabad: Dentist Nupur Talwar, prime accused in the twin murder of her teenaged daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj, was appointed judge in a Mehndi competition in Dasna jail here.
Nupur, facing trial in the 2008 double murder case, is lodged in Dasna prison. She was appointed judge in the Mehndi competition held on the occasion of Teej Mahotsav in the prison, Dasna Jail Superintendent Viresh Raj told PTI.
Nupur also distributed prizes to the winners, he said. The women prisoners held the Mehndi competition on the occasion of Teej, Raj said.
Nupur and her husband Rajesh are accused in the double murder case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living