UP: Mehndi competition in jail, Nupur Talwar appointed judge
Ghaziabad: Dentist Nupur Talwar, prime accused in the twin murder of her teenaged daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj, was appointed judge in a Mehndi competition in Dasna jail here.
Nupur, facing trial in the 2008 double murder case, is lodged in Dasna prison. She was appointed judge in the Mehndi competition held on the occasion of Teej Mahotsav in the prison, Dasna Jail Superintendent Viresh Raj told PTI.
Nupur also distributed prizes to the winners, he said. The women prisoners held the Mehndi competition on the occasion of Teej, Raj said.
Nupur and her husband Rajesh are accused in the double murder case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire