UP: Mehndi competition in jail, Nupur Talwar appointed judge
Ghaziabad: Dentist Nupur Talwar, prime accused in the twin murder of her teenaged daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj, was appointed judge in a Mehndi competition in Dasna jail here.
Nupur, facing trial in the 2008 double murder case, is lodged in Dasna prison. She was appointed judge in the Mehndi competition held on the occasion of Teej Mahotsav in the prison, Dasna Jail Superintendent Viresh Raj told PTI.
Nupur also distributed prizes to the winners, he said. The women prisoners held the Mehndi competition on the occasion of Teej, Raj said.
Nupur and her husband Rajesh are accused in the double murder case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves