UP: Mehndi competition in jail, Nupur Talwar appointed judge
Ghaziabad: Dentist Nupur Talwar, prime accused in the twin murder of her teenaged daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj, was appointed judge in a Mehndi competition in Dasna jail here.
Nupur, facing trial in the 2008 double murder case, is lodged in Dasna prison. She was appointed judge in the Mehndi competition held on the occasion of Teej Mahotsav in the prison, Dasna Jail Superintendent Viresh Raj told PTI.
Nupur also distributed prizes to the winners, he said. The women prisoners held the Mehndi competition on the occasion of Teej, Raj said.
Nupur and her husband Rajesh are accused in the double murder case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube