`UP min also drawing school principal`s salary`
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh minister for small scale industry Chandradeo Ram Yadav, against whom cases have been registered by the state Lokayukta, has been found to be drawing principal`s salary of a government-aided school along with that of a minister since 2007.
This fact has come to light during the Lokayukta probe
into the disproportionate assets and land grabbing cases
against the minister.
Yadav runs a school in Bamhaur village of Azamgarh
"The district social welfare officer in his report has
stated that Yadav continued to be on the principal`s post of
the school run by him and was drawing monthly salary,"
Lokayukta justice NK Mehrotra said here today.
He said Yadav was drawing the salary without disposing
the duties connected with it. Besides, a minister cannot
morally work under the basic siksha adhikari or the district
social welfare officer.
"Yadav has been asked to submit his reply regarding
charges against him by December 23," Mehrotra said, adding
that the minister has also been found to have got licence of
six revolvers, which he said, he required for protection
during election campaign.
The lokayukta has also directed Azamgarh DM to submit
report regarding land grabbing by Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!