UP minister arrested for leading stir
Lucknow: An Uttar Pradesh minister was on Monday arrested for disrupting rail traffic during an agitation in
Saharanpur and was later expelled from the BSP.
Vinod Tejiyan, who holds the rank of a Minister of State
in BSP government, took out a procession under the banner of
Dalit Aarakshan Bachao Sangharsh Samiti, demanding reservation
for dalits in government jobs.
The protesters also stopped Dehradun-Bandra Express and
blocked railway traffic for over two hours yesterday.
"Tejiyan has been arrested in Saharanpur, expelled from
the party and his Minister of State status stand withdrawn,"
Cabinet Secretary Shashank Shekhar Singh told reporters here.
The protesters also allegedly indulged in brick-batting,
officials said, adding Railway Protection Force had lodged an
FIR against 500 people, including Tejiyan in this connection.
Tejiyan, who is also the Uttar Pradesh Forest Corporation
cice-chairman, was arrested along with two other persons an
engineer of hydel department R P Singh, who also has been
placed under suspension and one Bharat Bhooshan, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs