UP minister arrested for leading stir
Lucknow: An Uttar Pradesh minister was on Monday arrested for disrupting rail traffic during an agitation in
Saharanpur and was later expelled from the BSP.
Vinod Tejiyan, who holds the rank of a Minister of State
in BSP government, took out a procession under the banner of
Dalit Aarakshan Bachao Sangharsh Samiti, demanding reservation
for dalits in government jobs.
The protesters also stopped Dehradun-Bandra Express and
blocked railway traffic for over two hours yesterday.
"Tejiyan has been arrested in Saharanpur, expelled from
the party and his Minister of State status stand withdrawn,"
Cabinet Secretary Shashank Shekhar Singh told reporters here.
The protesters also allegedly indulged in brick-batting,
officials said, adding Railway Protection Force had lodged an
FIR against 500 people, including Tejiyan in this connection.
Tejiyan, who is also the Uttar Pradesh Forest Corporation
cice-chairman, was arrested along with two other persons an
engineer of hydel department R P Singh, who also has been
placed under suspension and one Bharat Bhooshan, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen