UP minister Azam Khan abuses IAS officer publicly
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh’s Urban Development Minister Azam Khan publicly scolded and abused an IAS officer at a meeting on Monday.
The officer of the Indian Administrative Services was abused after he sought to explain why two other officers were missing from the meeting of the senior bureaucrats.
Azam Khan was furious at the Principal Secretary and the Chief Secretary of the Urban Development Department skipping the meeting. When the minister asked as to why the two were absent, the Special Secretary said the duo was busy with some other work.
However, hearing this the minister lost his cool and said, “Is the Chief Secretary above the government? Bakwas karte ho...chup baithiye...badtameez kaheen ka."
Khan then adjourned the meeting and walked out.
Later, justifying his actions, Khan said, “We had called the meeting. It was an important meeting. Officers from all over the state had come. The Chief Secretary should have been there. We will not tolerate such indiscipline.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’