UP minister Azam Khan abuses IAS officer publicly
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh’s Urban Development Minister Azam Khan publicly scolded and abused an IAS officer at a meeting on Monday.
The officer of the Indian Administrative Services was abused after he sought to explain why two other officers were missing from the meeting of the senior bureaucrats.
Azam Khan was furious at the Principal Secretary and the Chief Secretary of the Urban Development Department skipping the meeting. When the minister asked as to why the two were absent, the Special Secretary said the duo was busy with some other work.
However, hearing this the minister lost his cool and said, “Is the Chief Secretary above the government? Bakwas karte ho...chup baithiye...badtameez kaheen ka."
Khan then adjourned the meeting and walked out.
Later, justifying his actions, Khan said, “We had called the meeting. It was an important meeting. Officers from all over the state had come. The Chief Secretary should have been there. We will not tolerate such indiscipline.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17