UP minister Azam Khan abuses IAS officer publicly
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh’s Urban Development Minister Azam Khan publicly scolded and abused an IAS officer at a meeting on Monday.
The officer of the Indian Administrative Services was abused after he sought to explain why two other officers were missing from the meeting of the senior bureaucrats.
Azam Khan was furious at the Principal Secretary and the Chief Secretary of the Urban Development Department skipping the meeting. When the minister asked as to why the two were absent, the Special Secretary said the duo was busy with some other work.
However, hearing this the minister lost his cool and said, “Is the Chief Secretary above the government? Bakwas karte ho...chup baithiye...badtameez kaheen ka."
Khan then adjourned the meeting and walked out.
Later, justifying his actions, Khan said, “We had called the meeting. It was an important meeting. Officers from all over the state had come. The Chief Secretary should have been there. We will not tolerate such indiscipline.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015