UP minister Azam Khan abuses IAS officer publicly
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh’s Urban Development Minister Azam Khan publicly scolded and abused an IAS officer at a meeting on Monday.
The officer of the Indian Administrative Services was abused after he sought to explain why two other officers were missing from the meeting of the senior bureaucrats.
Azam Khan was furious at the Principal Secretary and the Chief Secretary of the Urban Development Department skipping the meeting. When the minister asked as to why the two were absent, the Special Secretary said the duo was busy with some other work.
However, hearing this the minister lost his cool and said, “Is the Chief Secretary above the government? Bakwas karte ho...chup baithiye...badtameez kaheen ka."
Khan then adjourned the meeting and walked out.
Later, justifying his actions, Khan said, “We had called the meeting. It was an important meeting. Officers from all over the state had come. The Chief Secretary should have been there. We will not tolerate such indiscipline.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH