UP minister Azam Khan demands rapists be ‘stoned to death’
Ghaziabad (UP): SP leader and Uttar Pradesh Minister Mohammad Azam Khan on Thursday said rape cases should be decided within a month and demanded that rapists should be "stoned" to death in public.
"The government should take immediate and strict actions against rapists and all rape cases should be decided within a month," Khan said, addressing a function here.
Advocating reverting to `Sangsar`, punishment by stoning, the SP leader said, "The capital punishment is much less for an offence like rape. The rapist should be beaten to death by stoning in public."
He also demanded that a new law should be made to punish those involved in such heinous crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Narendra Modi's silence on Dalit assault devaluation of PM's post: Congress
- Financial weakness hindering domestic airlines' international expansion
- Dr Reddy's net plunges 76 per cent in Q1
- Roger Federer to miss Rio games
- French President Francois Hollande rejects opposition calls to harden terror laws