UP minister Azam Khan demands rapists be ‘stoned to death’
Ghaziabad (UP): SP leader and Uttar Pradesh Minister Mohammad Azam Khan on Thursday said rape cases should be decided within a month and demanded that rapists should be "stoned" to death in public.
"The government should take immediate and strict actions against rapists and all rape cases should be decided within a month," Khan said, addressing a function here.
Advocating reverting to `Sangsar`, punishment by stoning, the SP leader said, "The capital punishment is much less for an offence like rape. The rapist should be beaten to death by stoning in public."
He also demanded that a new law should be made to punish those involved in such heinous crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees