UP minister Azam Khan demands rapists be ‘stoned to death’
Ghaziabad (UP): SP leader and Uttar Pradesh Minister Mohammad Azam Khan on Thursday said rape cases should be decided within a month and demanded that rapists should be "stoned" to death in public.
"The government should take immediate and strict actions against rapists and all rape cases should be decided within a month," Khan said, addressing a function here.
Advocating reverting to `Sangsar`, punishment by stoning, the SP leader said, "The capital punishment is much less for an offence like rape. The rapist should be beaten to death by stoning in public."
He also demanded that a new law should be made to punish those involved in such heinous crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Vivek Oberoi to be trained by Daniel Craig's trainer
- Viral Video: Cheating man finds both girlfriends at same place, EXPOSED – See what happened next
- Xiaomi's smartphones sales in India up 72%
- Arun Jaitley may not read out new trains, lines after budget merger
- RBI launches Sept round of inflation expectation survey