UP minister Azam Khan demands rapists be ‘stoned to death’
Ghaziabad (UP): SP leader and Uttar Pradesh Minister Mohammad Azam Khan on Thursday said rape cases should be decided within a month and demanded that rapists should be "stoned" to death in public.
"The government should take immediate and strict actions against rapists and all rape cases should be decided within a month," Khan said, addressing a function here.
Advocating reverting to `Sangsar`, punishment by stoning, the SP leader said, "The capital punishment is much less for an offence like rape. The rapist should be beaten to death by stoning in public."
He also demanded that a new law should be made to punish those involved in such heinous crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir