UP minister Azam Khan demands rapists be ‘stoned to death’
Ghaziabad (UP): SP leader and Uttar Pradesh Minister Mohammad Azam Khan on Thursday said rape cases should be decided within a month and demanded that rapists should be "stoned" to death in public.
"The government should take immediate and strict actions against rapists and all rape cases should be decided within a month," Khan said, addressing a function here.
Advocating reverting to `Sangsar`, punishment by stoning, the SP leader said, "The capital punishment is much less for an offence like rape. The rapist should be beaten to death by stoning in public."
He also demanded that a new law should be made to punish those involved in such heinous crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police