UP minister Kameshwar Upadhyaya dead
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Sports Minister Kameshwar Upadhyaya passed away late Monday night, his family said Tuesday. He was 76.
The minister breathed his last at Sir Ganga Ram hospital in New Delhi where he had been admitted Sep 23 after respiratory complications.
Upadhyaya was having a lot of breathing problems for the past two days and he was not able to recover, his personal secretary, Omendra Kumar Chaturvedi, said.
Considered very close to Samajwadi Party (SP) chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, Upadhyay was known to be a simpleton who lived in a one room accommodation in Lucknow and was one of the very few socialist leaders left in the ruling party.
His mortal remains reached the state capital Tuesday morning. After a brief stop at the SP headquarters the body would be taken to his ancestral village Bhatparrani, from where he was a legislator.
He will be cremated Tuesday evening.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Mulberry love: Check out five incredible health benefits of the super fruit!
- Radiotherapy can affect lung cancer patients adversely
- Coolpad announces a price cut on Note 3 smartphone in India
- MNS chief Raj Thackeray asks Maharashtra CM Fadnavis to quit for supporting Vidarbha
- Horror! In chilling reminder of Delhi gang-rape, woman in Kerala brutally raped, intestines pulled out