‘UP minister not involved in Etah triple murder’
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Thursday asserted that triple murder in Etah was an outcome of personal rivalry and neither Animal Husbandry minister Awadhpal Singh Yadav nor any of his family member were named in the FIR.
"Investigation so far has revealed that triple murder in Jaithara town of Etah district was the outcome of personal rivalry," a home department spokesman said in a statement here.
He said that in the FIR lodged by one of the victim`s son, Minister of State Awadhpal or any of his family member were not named.
The spokesman said that the brother of private security guard Santish killed in the incident had moved an application in the CJM court in Etah on June 22, accusing Arvind, Jairam, Surjeet, Nepal, Ram Tirath, Awadhpal Singh, his brothers Chandra Pratap, Amarpal, son Ranjeet Singh and 15-20 others.
Vijay Singh Verma, his son Abhinav Verma and private security guard Santosh were shot dead in Jaithara town on June 10.
Vijay`s son Sonu had lodged a named FIR against 16 persons of which only two have been arrested, the spokesman said.
He said Munna Lal, brother of one of the accused Arvind, had kept some jewellery with Vijay`s son.
He said that on January 21 Munna was shot dead by
Vijay and his sons at their shop over monetary dispute.
An FIR was lodged in this connection by a man named Atar
Singh after which Vijay, Sonu and Yogesh were arrested and
charge sheet was filed in the court, he said, adding that the
trio were later released on bail by the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!