UP minister opposes anti-encroachment drive
Gonda (UP): Uttar Pradesh Minister Vinod Kumar Singh, who was alleged of manhandling a senior medical officer last year, has yet again kicked up a controversy by opposing the district authorities for carrying out an anti-encroachment drive here in compliance with court orders.
Singh, who was dropped from the ministry in October 2012 following the charges of abduction and manhandling of Chief Medical Officer of Gonda, was re-inducted in the state cabinet last month as Minister of State for Secondary Education.
Accusing the district authorities of harassing the people, the minister yesterday opposed the anti-encroachment drive in the city yesterday.
The officials were trying to harass the people through the anti-encroachment drive, he told reporters last night.
Singh said that since he was the local MLA it was his duty to safeguard their interest and he was "even ready to be hanged for them".
Singh also warned the employees of Nagar Palika against taking part in the "wrong deeds" of the district officials or else they would be "punished".
Meanwhile, District Magistrate Roshan Jacob said that in compliance with the High Court order and instructions of the state government, a programme to remove illegal structures was being worked out for last two months in coordination with various government departments, peoples representatives and traders unions.
There is no discrimination in the drive, the DM said, adding it has received support from people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah