UP Minister ready to face Modi in Meerut
Meerut: An Uttar Pradesh cabinet Minister on Sunday said he was ready to face BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi if he contested the Lok Sabha elections from Meerut.
Shahid Manzoor, the Samajwadi Party candidate from Meerut, told reporters that he was ready to face the challenge and would not run away.
The Minister was responding to queries on whether he would seek another seat from his party if Modi was to contest from the Meerut.
Attacking the BJP, the SP nominee said the saffron party and Modi had through media "created a wave" across the nation.
Referring to Modi`s plans to contest from Varanasi and BJP president Rajnath Singh from Lucknow, Manzoor said the leaders were afraid of losing elections and had chosen safe seats.
Stating that BJP was aiming at capturing power in Delhi, he said Modi along with the party giants should contest elections from the national capital.
In Uttar Pradesh, the fight was between SP and communal forces, Manzoor said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?