UP minister Siddiqui faces corruption complaint
Lucknow: Another Uttar Pradesh Minister is in the dock over alleged corruption.
A complaint has been lodged at state Lokayukta NK Mehrotra’s office against PWD Minister Naseemuddin Siddiqui, accusing him of grabbing government land, accumulating wealth disproportionate to his known source of income and favouring his relatives in grant of mining contracts.
The complaint against Siddiqui, who is close to Chief Minister Mayawati, was lodged by one Ashish Sagar from Banda.
The state Lokayukta is currently out of the country and will return only after December 11 when he is expected to take up the complaint.
So far, Mayawati has sacked five ministers after Lokayukta recommended action against them following corruption allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened