UP minister Siddiqui faces corruption complaint
Lucknow: Another Uttar Pradesh Minister is in the dock over alleged corruption.
A complaint has been lodged at state Lokayukta NK Mehrotra’s office against PWD Minister Naseemuddin Siddiqui, accusing him of grabbing government land, accumulating wealth disproportionate to his known source of income and favouring his relatives in grant of mining contracts.
The complaint against Siddiqui, who is close to Chief Minister Mayawati, was lodged by one Ashish Sagar from Banda.
The state Lokayukta is currently out of the country and will return only after December 11 when he is expected to take up the complaint.
So far, Mayawati has sacked five ministers after Lokayukta recommended action against them following corruption allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!