UP minister Siddiqui faces corruption complaint
Lucknow: Another Uttar Pradesh Minister is in the dock over alleged corruption.
A complaint has been lodged at state Lokayukta NK Mehrotra’s office against PWD Minister Naseemuddin Siddiqui, accusing him of grabbing government land, accumulating wealth disproportionate to his known source of income and favouring his relatives in grant of mining contracts.
The complaint against Siddiqui, who is close to Chief Minister Mayawati, was lodged by one Ashish Sagar from Banda.
The state Lokayukta is currently out of the country and will return only after December 11 when he is expected to take up the complaint.
So far, Mayawati has sacked five ministers after Lokayukta recommended action against them following corruption allegations.
- Parliamentary panel asks coal PSUs, govt to recover dues
- OMG! Zarina Wahab leaves house post Aditya Pancholi's name crops up in Kangana-Hrithik saga?
- SAMCO launches Season 2 of the Indian Trading League
- How Twitter can help prevent asthma-related hospitalisation!
- Enrica Lexie case: Italy cites UN tribunal ruling, seeks Italian marine's release; India differs