UP minister`s case referred to EC
Lucknow: The case pertaining to Energy
Minister Ramveer Upadhyaya`s remarks against Uttar Pradesh
Lokayukta N K Mehrotra has been referred to the Election Commission.
"District Magistrate (Hathras) has sought guidance
whether the case comes under the purview of the model code of
conduct. It has been sent to the EC," UP Chief Electoral
Officer Umesh Sinha told reporters here.
The matter had been referred to the Election Commission
as it was related to a personal allegation, he said.
Yesterday, the Hathras district administration sent its
report to the CEO regarding Upadhyaya`s remarks along with a
CD of his speech made at the public meeting on December 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY