UP minister`s case referred to EC
Lucknow: The case pertaining to Energy
Minister Ramveer Upadhyaya`s remarks against Uttar Pradesh
Lokayukta N K Mehrotra has been referred to the Election Commission.
"District Magistrate (Hathras) has sought guidance
whether the case comes under the purview of the model code of
conduct. It has been sent to the EC," UP Chief Electoral
Officer Umesh Sinha told reporters here.
The matter had been referred to the Election Commission
as it was related to a personal allegation, he said.
Yesterday, the Hathras district administration sent its
report to the CEO regarding Upadhyaya`s remarks along with a
CD of his speech made at the public meeting on December 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29