‘UP minister`s relative has taken Waqf land’
Lucknow: Two leading Shia clerics on Tuesday
accused a relative of a Uttar Pradesh minister of registering
Waqf land registered in his name in Muzaffarnagar district
"Though Waqf land cannot be sold, it has been going on
in the country ever since Independence and the latest is the
case of a close relative of a state minister getting 20 bighas
of land in Khatauli town registered in his name," Maulana
Kalbe Jawwad and Shia Waqf Board member Maulana Ansar said at
a joint-press conference here without naming the minister.
Demanding that the government look into such cases,
both the clerics held Congress which had been at the helm for
most of the time responsible for the same.
Ansar, who is in-charge of Muzaffarnagar in the Board,
said every effort would be made for restoration of Waqf land
as the entire community wants it.
Jawwad, who is also a member of the Muslim Personal
Law Board, termed as "inappropriate" attending roza iftars
organised by different organisations and political parties
with political motives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!