‘UP minister`s relative has taken Waqf land’
Lucknow: Two leading Shia clerics on Tuesday
accused a relative of a Uttar Pradesh minister of registering
Waqf land registered in his name in Muzaffarnagar district
"Though Waqf land cannot be sold, it has been going on
in the country ever since Independence and the latest is the
case of a close relative of a state minister getting 20 bighas
of land in Khatauli town registered in his name," Maulana
Kalbe Jawwad and Shia Waqf Board member Maulana Ansar said at
a joint-press conference here without naming the minister.
Demanding that the government look into such cases,
both the clerics held Congress which had been at the helm for
most of the time responsible for the same.
Ansar, who is in-charge of Muzaffarnagar in the Board,
said every effort would be made for restoration of Waqf land
as the entire community wants it.
Jawwad, who is also a member of the Muslim Personal
Law Board, termed as "inappropriate" attending roza iftars
organised by different organisations and political parties
with political motives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez