‘UP minister`s relative has taken Waqf land’
Lucknow: Two leading Shia clerics on Tuesday
accused a relative of a Uttar Pradesh minister of registering
Waqf land registered in his name in Muzaffarnagar district
"Though Waqf land cannot be sold, it has been going on
in the country ever since Independence and the latest is the
case of a close relative of a state minister getting 20 bighas
of land in Khatauli town registered in his name," Maulana
Kalbe Jawwad and Shia Waqf Board member Maulana Ansar said at
a joint-press conference here without naming the minister.
Demanding that the government look into such cases,
both the clerics held Congress which had been at the helm for
most of the time responsible for the same.
Ansar, who is in-charge of Muzaffarnagar in the Board,
said every effort would be made for restoration of Waqf land
as the entire community wants it.
Jawwad, who is also a member of the Muslim Personal
Law Board, termed as "inappropriate" attending roza iftars
organised by different organisations and political parties
with political motives.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive