UP ministry: Akhilesh keeps lion`s share
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday kept the bulk of ministries, including
the key Home and Finance, with him.
Interestingly, controversial independent MLA Raghuraj
Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiyya, who was jailed by previous
chief minister Mayawati and against whom there are pending
criminal cases of attempt to murder, kidnapping and abduction,
has been given Prison department.
In portfolio allocation by Uttar Pradesh Governor BL
Joshi in consultation with the Chief Minister, Akhilesh, who
was sworn in as the youngest CM on March 15 along with
28 Cabinet ministers and 19 Ministers of State, kept charge of
50 departments while his uncle Shivpal Singh Yadav was given
responsibility of PWD and Irrigation.
Another senior leader and Samajwadi Party`s Muslim face
Azam Khan has been allocated Parliamentary Affairs, Muslim
waqf, Urban Development, Minority Welfare and Haj, besides
Urban Employment and Poverty Alleviation.
Raghuraj Pratap Singh, whose induction in cabinet had
sparked criticism, has been allocated Food and Civil Supplies
along with prison.
Ahmad Hasan has got Medical and Health, Family Welfare and
Mother and Child welfare and Balram Yadav will hold Panchayati
Apart from Home and Finance, the other departments with
Akhilesh are general administration, vigilance, appointment,
information, tax and registration, secondary education, higher
education, technical education, medical education, housing,
cane development, sugar mills, IT, planning, estate, excise,
power and institutional finance .
Waqar Ahmad Shah has been alloted Labour and
Employment and Transport Department has been given to Raja
Mahendra Aridaman Singh.
Anand Singh has been allocated agriculture and religious
Ambika Chaudhary has been given responsibility of
revenue and rehabilitation department.
Social welfare, SC/ST welfare departments have been
allocated to Awadhesh Pratap and land development and water
resources department has been given to Om Prakash Singh.
Paras Nath Yadav got minor irrigation and animal
husbandry, whereas child development and nutrition
and basic education has been given to Ram Govind Chaudhary.
Stamp and court fee, registration and civil defence
departments have been allotted to Durga Prasad Yadav,
homeguards and vocational education to Brahma Shanker
Kameshwar Yadav has been given externally aided
projects, Ambedkar village development sports and youth
Khadi and village industry have been allocated to
Rajaram Pandey, horticulture to Raj Kishore Singh and textile
industry and sericulture to Shiv Kumar Beria.
Among ministers of state (independent charge) Rajendra
Singh Rana has been allocated rural engineering services,
Arvind Singh Gope got rural development, Bhagwat Sharan
Gangwar got small industries and Aruna Kori woman welfare and
Departments have also been allocated to 24 ministers
of state and they have been attached to their respective
Akhilesh has also retained secretariat administration,
cooperative, election, legislative, protocol, civil aviation,
tourism, industrial development, mining, flood control,
forest, administrative reform with him.
He would also hold charge of environment, science and
technology, dairy development, electronics, backward
development, programme implementation, fishries, hadicapped
welfare and entertainment departments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Check Jharkhand JAC 12th Intermediate Arts Results 2015 on jac.nic.in
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!