UP Minor rape: NHRC to send team to probe matter
New Delhi: The National Human Rights
Commission (NHRC) sent its investigation team to
look into the alleged rape and killing of a girl at a police
station in Uttar Pradesh and seek a report from state police.
The decision to send a team came after the rights body
took suo motu cognizance of media reports alleging that a
teenage girl was raped and killed at a police station in the
Lakhimpur district of Uttar Pradesh.
"The Commission has decided to depute its
investigation team for conducting an on the spot enquiry into
"It has also decided to issue notice to the Director
General Police of the state, calling for a detailed report in
the incident within four weeks," an NHRC spokesperson said.
A 14-year-old girl was allegedly raped and hanged
inside a police station premise in Nighasan area here after
which all the 11 policemen posted there were suspended.
The girl was missing since June 10 and her body was
found hanging from a tree near an under-construction
administrative block inside Nighasan police station on the
night of the same day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know