UP Minor rape: NHRC to send team to probe matter
New Delhi: The National Human Rights
Commission (NHRC) sent its investigation team to
look into the alleged rape and killing of a girl at a police
station in Uttar Pradesh and seek a report from state police.
The decision to send a team came after the rights body
took suo motu cognizance of media reports alleging that a
teenage girl was raped and killed at a police station in the
Lakhimpur district of Uttar Pradesh.
"The Commission has decided to depute its
investigation team for conducting an on the spot enquiry into
"It has also decided to issue notice to the Director
General Police of the state, calling for a detailed report in
the incident within four weeks," an NHRC spokesperson said.
A 14-year-old girl was allegedly raped and hanged
inside a police station premise in Nighasan area here after
which all the 11 policemen posted there were suspended.
The girl was missing since June 10 and her body was
found hanging from a tree near an under-construction
administrative block inside Nighasan police station on the
night of the same day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH