UP Minor rape: NHRC to send team to probe matter
New Delhi: The National Human Rights
Commission (NHRC) sent its investigation team to
look into the alleged rape and killing of a girl at a police
station in Uttar Pradesh and seek a report from state police.
The decision to send a team came after the rights body
took suo motu cognizance of media reports alleging that a
teenage girl was raped and killed at a police station in the
Lakhimpur district of Uttar Pradesh.
"The Commission has decided to depute its
investigation team for conducting an on the spot enquiry into
"It has also decided to issue notice to the Director
General Police of the state, calling for a detailed report in
the incident within four weeks," an NHRC spokesperson said.
A 14-year-old girl was allegedly raped and hanged
inside a police station premise in Nighasan area here after
which all the 11 policemen posted there were suspended.
The girl was missing since June 10 and her body was
found hanging from a tree near an under-construction
administrative block inside Nighasan police station on the
night of the same day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read