UP MLA gives privilege motion notice to Speaker
Lucknow: Apna Dal national general secretary and MLA Anupriya Patel on Thursday gave a privilege motion notice to Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey, over registration of fake cases against her by the police.
"I have met the Speaker and informed him about the incident on December 3 at my constituency Rohaniya in Varanasi," Patel said.
The MLA alleged that officers targeted her and requested the Speaker to summon District Magistrate in the House.
On December 3, Patel had got into a verbal duel with revenue officials when she went to a village for settling a land dispute.
The MLA alleged that when she inquired about the matter, one Girish Singh who was in an inebriated state misbehaved with her. She also alleged non-cooperation by district administration.
Patel gave privilege motion notice after the police registered an FIR against her for allegedly beating up government officials of revenue department and damaging official records.
Patel said she has also informed Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav about the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police