UP MLA gives privilege motion notice to Speaker
Lucknow: Apna Dal national general secretary and MLA Anupriya Patel on Thursday gave a privilege motion notice to Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey, over registration of fake cases against her by the police.
"I have met the Speaker and informed him about the incident on December 3 at my constituency Rohaniya in Varanasi," Patel said.
The MLA alleged that officers targeted her and requested the Speaker to summon District Magistrate in the House.
On December 3, Patel had got into a verbal duel with revenue officials when she went to a village for settling a land dispute.
The MLA alleged that when she inquired about the matter, one Girish Singh who was in an inebriated state misbehaved with her. She also alleged non-cooperation by district administration.
Patel gave privilege motion notice after the police registered an FIR against her for allegedly beating up government officials of revenue department and damaging official records.
Patel said she has also informed Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav about the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Uganda switches sides, dumping North Korea for South
- Indian Premier League 2016: Did David Warner deserve Most Valuable Player award more than Virat Kohli?
- Suicide bombings in Baghdad: Over 20 killed, 50 injured in series of attacks
- Know why PM Narendra Modi is asking for your support for particular task - WATCH
- Nepali Congress halts House over ''budget leak''