UP MLA gives privilege motion notice to Speaker
Lucknow: Apna Dal national general secretary and MLA Anupriya Patel on Thursday gave a privilege motion notice to Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey, over registration of fake cases against her by the police.
"I have met the Speaker and informed him about the incident on December 3 at my constituency Rohaniya in Varanasi," Patel said.
The MLA alleged that officers targeted her and requested the Speaker to summon District Magistrate in the House.
On December 3, Patel had got into a verbal duel with revenue officials when she went to a village for settling a land dispute.
The MLA alleged that when she inquired about the matter, one Girish Singh who was in an inebriated state misbehaved with her. She also alleged non-cooperation by district administration.
Patel gave privilege motion notice after the police registered an FIR against her for allegedly beating up government officials of revenue department and damaging official records.
Patel said she has also informed Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav about the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued