UP MLA’s drunk son opens fire, one killed
Lucknow: A Samajwadi Party legislator`s son has been arrested for firing indiscriminately in an inebriated state in and outside an automobile showroom in Uttar Pradesh`s Bareilly district, killing one and injuring two, police said Thursday.
Atul Kumar, son of Bhagwat Saran Gangwar who represents the Nawabganj assembly seat in Bareilly, Wednesday night opened fire at the Kips Hero Honda showroom, which is next to a petrol pump owned by his father in the Civil Lines area of the city.
Police sources said it all started with a heated argument between the legislator`s son and an official of the showroom over repairing a bike.
"After having a verbal duel with the official of the showroom, Atul Kumar started firing indiscriminately. Two employees of the showroom were injured, while an employee of the petrol pump was killed," a police official said.
"Strict action will be taken against Atul Kumar, no matter whose son he is. We`ve arrested him for opening indiscriminate firing at a busy market place," Deputy Inspector General of Police Prakash D said on phone from Bareilly, 250 km from here.
"We are yet to ascertain what prompted Atul Kumar to open fire. Investigations are on. But it is sure that he was drunk at the time of firing," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM