UP MLA’s drunk son opens fire, one killed
Lucknow: A Samajwadi Party legislator`s son has been arrested for firing indiscriminately in an inebriated state in and outside an automobile showroom in Uttar Pradesh`s Bareilly district, killing one and injuring two, police said Thursday.
Atul Kumar, son of Bhagwat Saran Gangwar who represents the Nawabganj assembly seat in Bareilly, Wednesday night opened fire at the Kips Hero Honda showroom, which is next to a petrol pump owned by his father in the Civil Lines area of the city.
Police sources said it all started with a heated argument between the legislator`s son and an official of the showroom over repairing a bike.
"After having a verbal duel with the official of the showroom, Atul Kumar started firing indiscriminately. Two employees of the showroom were injured, while an employee of the petrol pump was killed," a police official said.
"Strict action will be taken against Atul Kumar, no matter whose son he is. We`ve arrested him for opening indiscriminate firing at a busy market place," Deputy Inspector General of Police Prakash D said on phone from Bareilly, 250 km from here.
"We are yet to ascertain what prompted Atul Kumar to open fire. Investigations are on. But it is sure that he was drunk at the time of firing," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'