UP: No auction of agri land for loan recovery
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has directed banks in the state that land of farmers should not be auctioned for realisation of agricultural loans.
The directive was issued during a review meeting held by Special Secretary and Director (institutional finance) Shiv Singh Yadav with the officials of commercial and regional rural banks on Monday.
During the meeting, Yadav said that farmers have taken agricultural loans from various banks and their land should not be auctioned for recovery.
He directed that recovery certificates should not be issued till further order.
Commercial banks should achieve 60 per cent credit- deposit ratio (CDR) fixed by the Reserve Bank in 75 districts of the state.
He pointed out that CDR was less than 40 per cent in 28 districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi