UP: No auction of agri land for loan recovery
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has directed banks in the state that land of farmers should not be auctioned for realisation of agricultural loans.
The directive was issued during a review meeting held by Special Secretary and Director (institutional finance) Shiv Singh Yadav with the officials of commercial and regional rural banks on Monday.
During the meeting, Yadav said that farmers have taken agricultural loans from various banks and their land should not be auctioned for recovery.
He directed that recovery certificates should not be issued till further order.
Commercial banks should achieve 60 per cent credit- deposit ratio (CDR) fixed by the Reserve Bank in 75 districts of the state.
He pointed out that CDR was less than 40 per cent in 28 districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016