UP: Notice issued to Cong candidate Louis Khurshid
Farukkhabad: The district administration has
issued a show cause notice to Congress nominee Louis Khurshid
in connection with distribution of gifts in Sadar Assembly
The notice was issued by Returning officer directing
Khurshid to clarify the situation within two days otherwise a
case of violation of model code of conduct would be lodged
against her, district election officer Sachidanand Dubey said.
Earlier, a member of ABVP`s state executive Amit Pathak
had submitted a memorandum alleging that Khurshid distributed
sets of mugs bearing the party symbol and the name of the
distributor in minority dominated areas.
He alleged that it was in violation of the model code of
conduct and added that she had also distributed gifts earlier
Taking cognizance of the complaint deputy district
election officer ordered an inquiry by a nayab tehsildar, who
confirmed distribution of gifts.
The Election Commission had earlier issued notice to
Louis and her husband and Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid
for his statement on quota to Muslims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre