UP: Notice issued to Cong candidate Louis Khurshid
Farukkhabad: The district administration has
issued a show cause notice to Congress nominee Louis Khurshid
in connection with distribution of gifts in Sadar Assembly
The notice was issued by Returning officer directing
Khurshid to clarify the situation within two days otherwise a
case of violation of model code of conduct would be lodged
against her, district election officer Sachidanand Dubey said.
Earlier, a member of ABVP`s state executive Amit Pathak
had submitted a memorandum alleging that Khurshid distributed
sets of mugs bearing the party symbol and the name of the
distributor in minority dominated areas.
He alleged that it was in violation of the model code of
conduct and added that she had also distributed gifts earlier
Taking cognizance of the complaint deputy district
election officer ordered an inquiry by a nayab tehsildar, who
confirmed distribution of gifts.
The Election Commission had earlier issued notice to
Louis and her husband and Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid
for his statement on quota to Muslims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok