UP: Notice issued to Cong candidate Louis Khurshid
Farukkhabad: The district administration has
issued a show cause notice to Congress nominee Louis Khurshid
in connection with distribution of gifts in Sadar Assembly
The notice was issued by Returning officer directing
Khurshid to clarify the situation within two days otherwise a
case of violation of model code of conduct would be lodged
against her, district election officer Sachidanand Dubey said.
Earlier, a member of ABVP`s state executive Amit Pathak
had submitted a memorandum alleging that Khurshid distributed
sets of mugs bearing the party symbol and the name of the
distributor in minority dominated areas.
He alleged that it was in violation of the model code of
conduct and added that she had also distributed gifts earlier
Taking cognizance of the complaint deputy district
election officer ordered an inquiry by a nayab tehsildar, who
confirmed distribution of gifts.
The Election Commission had earlier issued notice to
Louis and her husband and Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid
for his statement on quota to Muslims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?