UP NRHM scam: 5-day CBI custody for businessman
Ghaziabad: A special court on Wednesday remanded Moradabad-based businessman Vivek Jain, arrested for his alleged involvement in the NRHM scam, in CBI custody for five days.
CBI Judge A K Singh handed over Jain to the CBI sleuths on their plea that the agency needs him for interrogation.
The CBI had sought Jain`s remand for a week but the court allowed only five days of his custody.
The investigating agency on Monday arrested Jain, a relative of medicine supplier Saurabh Jain who is already behind bars, in connection with alleged irregularities in procurement of medical equipment under the National Rural Health Mission.
Saurabh was arrested by CBI on January 6 and has been lodged in the district jail here since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof