UP NRHM scam: 5-day CBI custody for businessman
Ghaziabad: A special court on Wednesday remanded Moradabad-based businessman Vivek Jain, arrested for his alleged involvement in the NRHM scam, in CBI custody for five days.
CBI Judge A K Singh handed over Jain to the CBI sleuths on their plea that the agency needs him for interrogation.
The CBI had sought Jain`s remand for a week but the court allowed only five days of his custody.
The investigating agency on Monday arrested Jain, a relative of medicine supplier Saurabh Jain who is already behind bars, in connection with alleged irregularities in procurement of medical equipment under the National Rural Health Mission.
Saurabh was arrested by CBI on January 6 and has been lodged in the district jail here since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev