UP official suspended
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Wednesday suspended the Deputy Registrar, Firms, Societies and Chits, of the Kanpur division on charges of violating stipulated norms.
In the wake of complaints that Deputy Registrar Vivek Chaudhary had dissolved the Managing Committee of the Nehru College of Chibramau, Kannauj, against norms, an inquiry was ordered into the matter, an official spokesman said.
The inquiry found the official guilty of violating the stipulated norms, he said.
Taking a strong view of this, the government ordered his suspension with immediate effect, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed