UP officials still working with `BSP mindset`: SP leader
Bareilly (UP): A senior Samajwadi Party leader has alleged that even after one year of Akhilesh Yadav government in Uttar Pradesh, officers in the state are still working with a "BSP mindset" and SP might suffer due to this in the next Lok Sabha polls.
"After a year of SP government formation, the officers are still working with the BSP mindset... They are working against agenda of the government...The situation might botch political prospects of the party in coming Lok Sabha polls", SP national secretary and MLA Ata-Ur-Rehman said.
He alleged that common man was not heard in police stations and police are misbehaving with party workers and office bearers.
"Lok Sabha polls are approaching. If workers are not taken care and not give due weightage, it would be difficult to win elections", he said and alleged that officers were not implementing welfare schemes being launched by the government.
The leader also met IG, DIG and SSP and informed them about incidents of misbehaviour by the police.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!