UP officials still working with `BSP mindset`: SP leader
Bareilly (UP): A senior Samajwadi Party leader has alleged that even after one year of Akhilesh Yadav government in Uttar Pradesh, officers in the state are still working with a "BSP mindset" and SP might suffer due to this in the next Lok Sabha polls.
"After a year of SP government formation, the officers are still working with the BSP mindset... They are working against agenda of the government...The situation might botch political prospects of the party in coming Lok Sabha polls", SP national secretary and MLA Ata-Ur-Rehman said.
He alleged that common man was not heard in police stations and police are misbehaving with party workers and office bearers.
"Lok Sabha polls are approaching. If workers are not taken care and not give due weightage, it would be difficult to win elections", he said and alleged that officers were not implementing welfare schemes being launched by the government.
The leader also met IG, DIG and SSP and informed them about incidents of misbehaviour by the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says