UP Oppositon demands dismissal of Mayawati govt
Lucknow: Accusing Mayawati government of
perpetrating "jungle raj", the Opposition in Uttar Pradesh
on Saturday demanded dismissal of the ministry and imposition of
President`s rule in the state.
Demanding a CBI probe into the murder of chief medical
officers and the death of a deputy chief medical officer,
delegations of the Samajwadi Party led by state president
Akhilesh Yadav and the BJP met Governor B L Joshi at Raj
Bhawan and submitted separate memorandums which claimed that
the state was reeling under a "constitutional crisis".
"We have demanded that this government should be
dismissed as there is a huge constitutional crisis in UP...
Women have been raped. MLAs and ministers have gone to jail,"
The SP in its memorandum alleged that it was clear
that deputy chief medical officer Y S Sachan, who was found
dead in a jail here under mysterious circumstances, did not
commit suicide but was killed.
"The manner in which two ministers resigned after the
murder of two CMOs indicates that it is a high profile case,"
the SP alleged.
The party has demanded that inquiry into murder of
CMOs V K Arya and B P Singh and death of Sachan be conducted
by the CBI, besides action be taken against the two ministers.
"Resignation of the Chief Minister should be called
immediately. If she does not resign on moral grounds, then the
government should be dismissed immediately," it demanded.
The BJP delegation led by state president Surya Pratap
Shahi also demanded a CBI probe into CMO cases.
The party asked the Governor to send a report to the
Centre on the "constitutional crisis" and the
"unconstitutional acts of the state government which are
leading to anarchy and jungle raj".
"An independent inquiry should be conducted into cases
of rape, financial assistance should be provided to the
victims and trials should be carried out in fast track courts
for speedy justice," the BJP memorandum said.
Asked if they were demanding imposition of President`s
Rule in the state, Yadav said, "Yes, if the conditions are
there, then President`s rule should be imposed."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price