UP: Orphan girl sold by friend for Rs 50,000
Bulandshahr: An orphan girl was allegedly sold for Rs 50,000 by one of her friends in Aligarh district, police said.
The girl, who belonged to Tanda area in Bulandshahr, was taken to Aligarh by her classmate with the help of some of her accomplices on July 20, Superintendent of Police, Bulandshahr, Srikant Yadav said.
The girl was sold for Rs 50,000 in Aligarh, the SP said. A case was registered and the accused girl has been arrested, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'