UP panel seeks report on SC/ST police officers` postings
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) Commission has ordered a probe into an allegation that the SC/ST police officers are neglected in postings of station house officers, an official said on Tuesday.
The panel has directed the Director General of Police to submit before it a detailed factual report on the issue by August 12 after hearing a plea by social activist Nutan Thakur, a state government official said.
Thakur has complained that a government order of June 2002 clearly states that 20 percent of the SHOs in each district of the state should be from the SC/ST category, but in most districts the representation of officers from this category is very low.
In Lucknow range, there are only 12 SC/ST station officers in a total of 152 police stations, the plea said.
According to Thakur, the ratio of SC/ST officers to general category officers is 3:19 in Unnao, 2:16 in Rae Bareli, 3:25 in Hardoi, 2:26 in Sitapur, and 1:23 in Lakhimpur Kheri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional