UP panel seeks report on SC/ST police officers` postings
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) Commission has ordered a probe into an allegation that the SC/ST police officers are neglected in postings of station house officers, an official said on Tuesday.
The panel has directed the Director General of Police to submit before it a detailed factual report on the issue by August 12 after hearing a plea by social activist Nutan Thakur, a state government official said.
Thakur has complained that a government order of June 2002 clearly states that 20 percent of the SHOs in each district of the state should be from the SC/ST category, but in most districts the representation of officers from this category is very low.
In Lucknow range, there are only 12 SC/ST station officers in a total of 152 police stations, the plea said.
According to Thakur, the ratio of SC/ST officers to general category officers is 3:19 in Unnao, 2:16 in Rae Bareli, 3:25 in Hardoi, 2:26 in Sitapur, and 1:23 in Lakhimpur Kheri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery