UP: Petition filed challenging minorities quota
Allahabad: A petition challenging the
Centre`s decision to carve out a 4.5 per cent sub-quota for
minorities within the 27 per cent reservation given to OBCs
was on Friday filed in the Allahabad High Court.
The writ petition filed by Allahabad-based social
organisation "Prahari" has sought quashing of the notification
dated 22.12.2011 whereby the Centre had made a provision for
the sub-quota, besides praying for direction restraining the
Union government to publish the same in the Gazette of India.
When the petition came up for hearing before a Division
Bench comprising Justice RK Agrawal and Justice Amit
Sthalekar, a preliminary objection was raised by the Centre
saying the writ petition was not maintainable since the
government`s decision did not affect the interests of the
social outfit, which has filed the litigation.
The petitioner`s counsel concurred and sought permission
from the court to file a fresh petition in the form of a
Public Interest Litigation.
The court granted the permission, saying "put up as a
fresh case on March 21, 2012, before the Bench dealing with
Public Interest Litigation matters".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in