UP Police happy with result of community policing
Mirzapur: Community policing initiated in
the three Naxal-affected districts of Uttar Pradesh was
showing good results and had helped restore the faith of the
people in the force, a top state police official said today.
Relations between the police and the public in these
areas have improved and the force is now getting information
about the Naxals from the locals, Additional Director General,
Law and Order, Brij Lal said here after distributing sewing
machines and school bags in Sherawan and Shankargarh areas.
Favouring introduction of community policing to tackle
the Naxal menace, the ADG said that the aim of the police was
not just to arrest law breakers but also to bring them into
"Police had recently arranged for coaching facility
in Sonebhadra for 124 candidates aspiring to join the police
force following which 29 of them got selected," the ADG said.
He said the state government was giving "top priority"
to Naxal-affected districts of Sonebhadra, Chandauli and
UP Police has involved poor and unemployed people in
Maoist-affected areas for help in return for financial or
other aid to start trade.
Later, the ADG also conducted a meeting of zonal heads
of the eastern districts of Uttar Pradesh here and discussed
steps being taken to tackle the Naxals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM