UP police head constable commits suicide
Meerut: A head constable of Uttar Pradesh Police on Sunday allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself.
According to the police, head constable Sanjay Sharma (38) was posted at Nauchandhi police station in Meerut district since December last year. He was residing in police line with his wife and two children.
Today, Sharma accompanied his wife to Jaydevi Nagar where her parents were residing and shot himself after locking himself up in a room in the house.
Upon hearing the gun shot, the wife`s kin gathered and informed the police, but Sharma had died on the spot.
According to the police, Sharma had called his mother and brother telling them about his decision of taking the extreme step as he was upset over some domestic issues.
The body has been sent for post mortem and further investigations are on in the incident, police said.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Russian woman raped in Goa by guest house owner
- Nobody can portray Lakhan better than me: Anil Kapoor
- PHOTOS: How Mumbai Indians' captain Rohit Sharma celebrated his 29th birthday!
- Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim describes West Bengal's Garden Reach as 'mini-pakistan', draws flak
- Top five health benefits of raspberries!