UP police head constable commits suicide
Meerut: A head constable of Uttar Pradesh Police on Sunday allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself.
According to the police, head constable Sanjay Sharma (38) was posted at Nauchandhi police station in Meerut district since December last year. He was residing in police line with his wife and two children.
Today, Sharma accompanied his wife to Jaydevi Nagar where her parents were residing and shot himself after locking himself up in a room in the house.
Upon hearing the gun shot, the wife`s kin gathered and informed the police, but Sharma had died on the spot.
According to the police, Sharma had called his mother and brother telling them about his decision of taking the extreme step as he was upset over some domestic issues.
The body has been sent for post mortem and further investigations are on in the incident, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie