UP police head constable commits suicide
Meerut: A head constable of Uttar Pradesh Police on Sunday allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself.
According to the police, head constable Sanjay Sharma (38) was posted at Nauchandhi police station in Meerut district since December last year. He was residing in police line with his wife and two children.
Today, Sharma accompanied his wife to Jaydevi Nagar where her parents were residing and shot himself after locking himself up in a room in the house.
Upon hearing the gun shot, the wife`s kin gathered and informed the police, but Sharma had died on the spot.
According to the police, Sharma had called his mother and brother telling them about his decision of taking the extreme step as he was upset over some domestic issues.
The body has been sent for post mortem and further investigations are on in the incident, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP