UP police head constable commits suicide
Meerut: A head constable of Uttar Pradesh Police on Sunday allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself.
According to the police, head constable Sanjay Sharma (38) was posted at Nauchandhi police station in Meerut district since December last year. He was residing in police line with his wife and two children.
Today, Sharma accompanied his wife to Jaydevi Nagar where her parents were residing and shot himself after locking himself up in a room in the house.
Upon hearing the gun shot, the wife`s kin gathered and informed the police, but Sharma had died on the spot.
According to the police, Sharma had called his mother and brother telling them about his decision of taking the extreme step as he was upset over some domestic issues.
The body has been sent for post mortem and further investigations are on in the incident, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145